FARKHANDA SHAMIM | WRITER & POETESS | FORMER PTV JOURNALIST | ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN
My name is Farkhanda Shamim, I worked with Pakistan Television in News Production, Reporting, and Documentary Production. I was Pioneer of Poetic News Reporting at PTV. Apart from it I am a Fiction Writer, a Poetess and also an Educationist. I Attended & Read out papers in various Conferences Abroad. More about my profession and literary work is described as under:
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
Served in News & Current Affair Divisions of the PTV News Islamabad. I produced several news bulletins, live shows and much more reports on almost each subject of the society. My work had been appreciated by the senior officials of the organization especially for news reporting & script writing.
I worked a lot in the news reporting sector throughout my career. The special areas of my news reporting have been as follow.
- The soft image of Pakistan to the world, included Women empowerment, tourism & the Cultural Behavior of masses in Pakistan.
- The projection of the national language of Urdu as the 4th biggest language of the word. I highlighted the popularity n worth with its historical back ground & activities in China, Russia & Azerbaijan through my news reports n documentaries.
- The Pakistan Movement 1930 to 1947
- This work is also saved in the National Archives of Pakistan.
- Some of the dynamic personalities of Pak Movement were described in the poetic version, too, and this was for the first time in media, I started.
LITERARY ACTIVITIES, AWARDS AND HONORS
I am also a writer, researcher and social scientist, appeared on the international media and talked on various topics.
As Urdu write, 3 books and 100s of fiction n poems are on my credit. They were published in the prominent and prestigious magazines of Urdu Literature like Funoon, Mahe Nau, Nairang e khayal, Seep, Bayaz etc. Many of my writing pieces have been translated into Hindi & English languages.
For the services of Electronic Media & Literature, I achieved more than 120 awards including 7 Gold Medals on the national/international levels, from USA, Azerbaijan & Pakistan.
A research paper of M Phil level has been written by the Allama Iqbal Open University on my literary & electronic media services.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- Matti Aur Paoun (Afsanay, Published in Year 2001)
- Maan (Poetry, Published in Year 20013)
- Talash-e-Jamal Main Gumshudah Auraat (Afsanay, Published in Year 2019)
AWARDS, HONORS AND TITLES
- Women of the Year 2005 (USA)
- PTV Best Producer and Reporter Year 2001
- Allama Iqbal Gold Medal, Nazaria-e-Pakistan Council 2017
- Bolan Academy Awards (3 Times)
- Aziz Mian Hussan-e-Karkardagi Award
- Soch Award
- Dareecha-e-Adab Hussan-e-Karkardagi Award
- Society of Civilization Award 2013
- Ahmed Shuja Pasha Award 2014
- Adab Saraae International Gold Medal 2015
DIFFERENT APPRECIATION CERTIFICATES INCLUDING
- PTV Appreciation Certificate
- Fatima Jinnah University Rawalpindi
- Allama Iqbal Open University Islamabad
- Foundation University Rawalpindi
- MCCS college Peshawar road campus Rawalpindi
WRITER & POETESS
FORMER PTV JOURNALIST