REAL NAME: ASMA BABAR | POETIC NAME: RABIA REHMAN | POETESS & JOURNALIST | LAHORE, PAKISTAN
ABOUT RABIA REHMAN
A true and proud professional in the field of education and journalism having 30 years’ experience. Has made valuable contributions free-lance journalist / writer for various national / locals periodicals. An author of six books (Urdu prose and poetry) with passion to write / research for the course of shuhada and problems of women in the society.
Has conducted interviews / features of various personalities belonging to the cross section of the society which are featured in ISPR monthly “Hilal”. Major writing contribution for more than nine years via columns of Nawa-e-Waqt. Script / story writing, company and event management remain my strong areas.
Professional experience also includes significant contributions especially in the field of Urdu as a subject by remaining on the faculty of Army Public College Sialkot as an Urdu lecturer. Three years of work experience with DHA Education System as an academic coordinator for Islamyat and Urdu.
In recognition of my efforts in the fields of Journalism, Urdu poetry and as an Urdu writer I have been awarded with various honor’s / awards the details of which are mentioned in subsequent paras. In pursuance of my objectives / goals in life I remain fully committed and motivated to work with best of my abilities to achieve further excellence in professional life.
- Master in Urdu from University of Punjab, Lahore, 2010.
- Graduation from Samanabad College for Women Lahore, 1984.
- FA from Samanabad College for Women Lahore, 1982.
- Matriculation from Lady Maclagan Girls High School Lahore, 1980.
- Worked for Family Planning Association of Pakistan as a Script Writer (1989-1994).
- 2 Years’ experience of management and lecturer in Army Public School and College Sialkot Cantt (2007-2009).
- Over two years’ experience of managing entire affairs of a Family Welfare Centre (grooming of women and children in the field of education and routine social / family functioning) as head of the institution (2009-2012).
- Working as an academic coordinator for Islamyat and Urdu with DHA Education System (2012-2014).
- Interview writing for ISPR monthly “Hilal” for over ten years.
- Columnist for Nawa-e-Waqt since 2011.
- Article writing for Pak Army Journal since 2016.
AUTHOR OF SIX BOOKS
- Murad-e-Wafa (Urdu poetry), 1999.
- Neend Mujay Kub Aay Gi (Urdu Poetry), 2003.
- Chand Hatheli Peh (Urdu Poetry), 2007.
- Sajda-e-Beyniaz (Urdu Prose), 2011.
- Mataey-Watan (Urdu Prose on Shuhadas APS) 2015.
- Awazay ka Pathar Phenk (Urdu Poetry), 2018.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- “Winner of the Best Writer Award in the country organized by Ministry of Population and Social Welfare,
- Government Of Pakistan in 1994”.
- “Quratul-Ain-Haider Award on the book Sajda-e-Beyniaz (Urdu Prose), 2011 by Aalmi Tehreek-e-Adab London”.
- Former Markazi Senior Naieb Sadar World Columnist Club.
- General Secretary of Journalists forum “Qalam Dost”.
- Regular columnist / Article writer for the following newspapers and magazines.
REAL NAME: ASMA BABAR
POETIC NAME: RABIA REHMAN
POETESS & JOURNALIST